Here at Priory Kitchen Studio, we are Preston’s leading kitchen design specialists. And we work with homeowners and property developers across Preston, and the North West, to deliver top quality, stunning kitchen solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about the different options for transforming a small kitchen space.
What are the different options for transforming a small kitchen space?
Small kitchen spaces are often thought of as inferior to larger kitchens, or open plan kitchen spaces. But for some homes, the small kitchen can be perfect. So how can you design, or redesign, your small kitchen to transform the space into a functional, and visually effective area? Well, there are a number of options available, including:
- Updating the cabinet doors- the colour and style of your kitchen can be easily transformed, simply by changing the cabinet doors. This is a great option for those with a small budget, but in need of a drastic visual change. For small kitchens, you should consider cabinet doors with a high gloss finish, in a bright or light colour, to help the space feel larger.
- Updating the kitchen worktops- the worktops, along with the cabinet doors, can also be updated and transformed. Choose a stunning natural effect worktop, or a plain white or black colour for a contemporary finish.
- Swap the sink– the sink has more of a visual role in your kitchen than you might expect. By updating your sink, or switching from an over-mount sink to an under-mount sink, you can transform your kitchen space, and help to define the new style and personality you are looking for.
- Integrated appliances- for a more dramatic overhaul of your kitchen, you could consider installing completely new cabinets, and using integrated appliances. These are appliances that are built into the kitchen cabinets, sitting within the frame or behind a cupboard door. For small kitchen spaces, this is a great way to save floor space, and provides a uniform, uncluttered visual style for your kitchen.
- Changing the layout- depending on the shape of your kitchen space, it may be possible to change the layout, even slightly. For example, for a galley kitchen you may be able to add additional cabinets to the empty wall, increasing storage for a practical effect. Or for a U shaped kitchen in a square space, you may consider removing one wall of cabinets, and adding a central but small kitchen island instead.
For more information or advice, or for your new kitchen, get in touch with the experts today, here at Priory Kitchen Studio.