Here at Priory Kitchen Studio, we are Preston’s leading kitchen design specialists. And we work with homeowners and property developers across Preston, and the North West, to deliver top quality, stunning kitchen solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about curved kitchen design.
What is curved kitchen design?
Curved kitchen design involves using stylish curved kitchen features that are sure to grab attention. This could include:
- Curved kitchen work surfaces- kitchen work surfaces are often a key visual feature in any kitchen. But by using the right colours, materials and design, you can add a stunning curved worktop that will become a key centre piece.
- Curved kitchen islands- instead of just curving the work surface, you can consider using a fully curved kitchen island. Available in a range of designs and styles, you can use a curved rectangular, or a circular kitchen island to stunning effect in any style of kitchen, contemporary, traditional, or rustic.
Although contemporary design has long valued straight, sharp edges and uniform lines, a curved kitchen feature can allow you to create a space with personality and character, while still maintaining a strong contemporary feel. But why is this predicted to be popular throughout the upcoming year?
Why will curved kitchen design be popular throughout 2021?
During 2020, curved kitchen features slowly crept into the mainstream of kitchen design, and this is a trend that is picking up steam. There are a number of reasons for this, including:
- Making a key visual statement- because curved kitchen design features are completely different to other styles that have been popular for the past decade, these curved edges are sure to make a big impact, wherever you use them. This can be the perfect finishing touch for any kitchen, in any style.
- Versatile design trend- the curved kitchen design trend is incredibly versatile and flexible in that it suits and compliments contemporary kitchen spaces, as much as it does traditional kitchens and rustic kitchens. This means that whatever style of kitchen space will suit your home, curved kitchen design can be a great option.
- Practical design choice- with a curved kitchen work surface or kitchen island, you can create a more practical, safer kitchen space. This is because there will be no pointy edges or corners that can easily be walked into, or that can cause potential injury to children. As a result, curved kitchen design is also useful for family kitchens and homes.
For more information or advice, or for your new kitchen, get in touch with the experts today, here at Priory Kitchen Studio.