Here at Priory Kitchen Studio, we are Preston’s leading kitchen design specialists. And we work with homeowners and property developers across Preston, and the North West, to deliver top quality, stunning kitchen solutions. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about the advantages of an open plan kitchen.
What are the advantages of an open plan kitchen?
An open plan kitchen is a popular option for many home owners and property developers alike. But what kind of advantages can you expect from an open plan kitchen? Well, there are several, including:
- More space- the biggest advantage of an open plan kitchen is the increased space. This means more room for storage, and more free worktop space for effective food preparation, as well as more room for moving around the kitchen. You can even install a kitchen island to help bridge the gap between kitchen and dining area, as well as increasing the work-surface area.
- Perfect for entertaining- An open plan kitchen is also the perfect choice for households that want to entertain visitors or guests. With this space, you can still join in the conversation and fun while you prepare food and drinks, and everyone is close together instead of being divided in separate rooms.
- Versatile design– while an open plan kitchen is often more closely associated with a contemporary home, this design is actually versatile and flexible. Country homes for example can make use of an open plan kitchen, designed in the rustic or country style. So whatever your style, you can design an open plan kitchen to suit your home.
Important considerations for open plan kitchens
To make sure that you get the most from your open plan kitchen, there are a number of things to consider. These include:
- Creating zonal areas- creating different zonal areas in an open plan kitchen can be a practical option to allow an effective flow, and to help each space be effectively utilized. For example, it can be difficult to relax and unwind while looking at the pots that need washing in the kitchen. Careful design can easily prevent this from being an issue.
- The style and design- because all aspects of your kitchen will be visible as part of your dining or living space, you should carefully consider the design and style of the kitchen fittings you choose. Make sure that these match the style of the rest of the property, for a visually effective result.
For more information or advice, or for your new kitchen, get in touch with the experts today, here at Priory Kitchen Studio.